Join Nutopia! We’re looking for a Marketing Manager
27 Jul 2020
Position: Senior Marketing Manager
Hours: Full-time - Permanent
Reporting to: EVP Development
Start: August 2020
Company activity: Production of factual TV programmes for US, UK and international markets
Location: Central London (currently remote working until further notice)
Salary: 40k pa
Nutopia is an award-winning independent production company based in central London, making premium television for the international television cable and SVOD networks and UK broadcasters. We are a company with a strong sense of community and the successful candidate will be joining a friendly and inclusive team with a real passion for what Nutopia does. The company has a high approval rating for satisfaction amongst its employees in a survey carried out with 87% saying they would recommend working here to a friend or colleague.
We specialise in making huge-scale history and science series designed to stand out from the crowd, although recently have been branching into new areas including feature docs and popular social history.
Recent broadcast successes include The World According to Jeff Goldblum, quirky host-led social history for Disney+; lavish drama-doc The Last Czars for Netflix, vividly re-telling the story of the downfall of the Romanov dynasty; and epic One Strange Rock for National Geographic, natural history/science collaboration with director Darren Aronofsky, hosted by Will Smith.
Currently in production on A World of Calm for HBO Max, in partnership with Calm; Limitless with Chris Hemsworth and season 2 of One Strange Rock for National Geographic; season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum for Disney+; and unannounced series for Amazon.
This is an exciting new role within the company, with a remit to promote Nutopia and its individual shows both inside the industry and in broader mainstream media. This will involve working closely with individual production teams to find stories and other press opportunities, overseeing asset creation, and managing relationships with Nutopia’s external PR and broadcast partners.
- Working with individual production teams to seek out various press stories and opportunities
- Writing and managing communications materials (story pitches, press releases etc.) in collaboration with internal teams and external PR partners
- Helping create and manage BTS strategies for individual productions
- Managing relations with our PR agency partners on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborating with the respective marketing executives at broadcasters and streamers
- Planning, developing and implementing internal and external PR processes – including establishing and managing process for approvals
- Creating online marketing assets (videos, gifs, infographics) for internal and external use
Required Skills & Experience
- Journalistic or editorial experience, with a real eye for what makes a story
- Strong communications experience in a fast-paced environment (agency or in house), ideally within the TV or Film industry
- Proven experience in communications or marketing. Working with and/or a knowledge of the US media landscape is desirable.
- Experience managing external agency support with a proactive approach
- Experience in setting up and developing strategies and assets for public relations, media relations and social media
- Experience in video production and asset creation for digital and social media use
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, with an eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple priorities without compromising on quality
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work with direction
Nutopia recognises that our people are our greatest assets, and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Please send your cover letter and CV (with a note of notice period if applicable) and one piece of relevant sample writing to [email protected]
For all press enquiries contact: [email protected]
Share this page: