Join Nutopia! We’re looking for a Senior Post Producer
19 Jan 2021
Position: Senior Post Producer
Hours: Full-time - Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Post Production
Start: February 2021
Location: Central London (currently remote working until further notice)
Salary: £35 – 40k per annum (dependent on experience)
Nutopia is an award-winning independent production company making premium television for the international television cable, SVOD networks and UK broadcasters. We are a company with a strong sense of community and the successful candidate will be joining a friendly and inclusive team with a real passion for what Nutopia does. The company has a high approval rating for satisfaction amongst its employees in a survey carried out with almost 90% saying they would recommend working here.
We specialise in making large-scale, celebrity-led specialist factual series designed to stand out from the crowd.
Recent broadcast successes include our partnership with the Calm app on 'wellness TV' series A World of Calm for HBO Max; The World According to Jeff Goldblum, quirky host-led social history for Disney+; lavish drama-doc The Last Czars for Netflix, which vividly re-tells the story of the downfall of the Romanov dynasty; and epic One Strange Rock for National Geographic, natural history/science collaboration with director Darren Aronofsky, hosted by Will Smith.
We’re currently in production on Shark Beach and Limitless with Chris Hemsworth for National Geographic; Will Smith’s Welcome to Earth and season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum for Disney+; plus other unannounced series for both PBS, Nat Geo and Netflix.
This is an exciting new role within the company. Nutopia’s busy, growing post production department is now looking for a Senior Post Producer to manage post production projects as they progress through our in-house facility. The candidate will have excellent client-facing skills, facility experience and a good technical understanding of UHD workflows.
- Building relationships and liaising with in-house production teams.
- Supporting post production process for production teams. Taking briefs and helping to plan workflow, assisting them with scheduling, providing information and forecasting
- Preparing quotes with reference to broadcaster/streaming specs
- Setting up and developing an offline scheduling system
- Scheduling staff and edit equipment
- Prioritising tasks and raising job/time sheets
- Troubleshooting - working closely with Post Supervisors and Head of Post Production
- Ensuring that the operators are filling out job/timesheets appropriately
- Tracking costs and preparing pre-invoices for production approval
- Processing operator invoices and payments for freelancers
- Creating internal reports and keeping the team briefed
- Taking production team feedback and passing on to post team
- Overseeing policies and procedures, and ensuring they are up to date, effective and efficient
- Flexible hours, working to tight deadlines
Required Skills & Experience
- Senior client facing experience – minimum 3 years
- Project management – must be self-motivated and extremely organised
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with direction
- Full understanding of the post production process for HD & 4K digital+ workflows, including ingesting, data back-up, transcoding, LTO, archive, remote Avid offline, conforming/relinking VFX, editing, grading, QC and delivery to broadcasters/streaming companies
- Familiar with Microsoft Office packages and apps such as Trello, Slack, Zoom
- Diplomatic, flexible, excellent relationship-building skills
- Team player – positive and motivating
- Good problem-solver – solution focused
- Forward-thinking, interested in personal development and keeping up to date with current tech
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple priorities without compromising on quality
- The company is based in Central London, however most of the team are working remotely due to the pandemic, so a good internet connection is essential
Nutopia recognises that our people are our greatest assets. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Please send your cover letter and CV (with a note of notice period if applicable) to [email protected]
For all press enquiries contact: [email protected]
Share this page: