Nutopia (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting the personal data that we hold. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. We may use personal data provided to us for the purposes described in this privacy statement or as made clear before collecting personal data.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
We process personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose are set out in the relevant sections below.
The personal data that is provided to us is provided either directly from the individual concerned, from a third party acting on behalf of an individual.
Where we receive personal data that relates to an individual from a third party, we request that this third party inform the individual of the necessary information regarding the use of their data. Where necessary, reference may be made to this privacy statement.
We take the security of all the data we hold seriously. Staff are trained on data protection, confidentiality and security.
We have a framework of policies and procedures which ensure we regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We provide services to individuals as well as organisations. The exact data held will depend on the services to be provided.
Where we engage with individuals, we request that individuals only provide the personal data that is required for us to fulfil our contractual or operational obligation.
Where data is collected it is used for a number of purposes, as follows;
- Employees, Freelancers, Loan Outs and Contractors – We may process your data if you have either expressed an interest in working with Nutopia or you are currently working as an employee, freelancer, loan out or contractor. We may process the information you provide to us in order to place you on any projects or role or for any job that we feel may be suitable to you. If we engage you, we will process your data to manage the lifecycle of your employment at Nutopia.
- Contributors – We may process your data is if you have expressed an interested or you have been selected to contribute to a project we are currently on. The purpose is to select your suitability for any relevant project and to fulfill any contractual agreements between us, relevant organizations associated with the project or as appropriate to our contractual requirements.
The data that is processed is dependent on the service that is being provided, the data Nutopia holds includes but not limited to:
- Employees / Freelancers / Loan Outs: name, contact details, date of birth, nationality, ethnicity, bank details, multimedia file, right to work, qualifications, next of kin and next of kin’s contact details, national insurance, P45/P60s, medical information and pension records.
- Contributors: names, contact details, bank account details and any other data specifically relevant to your contribution to the project.
We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, there may also be occasions which will require data to be kept for longer, however this will typically be for legal and contractual purposes.
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
We use third parties to support us in providing our services:
Contracting / Commissioning parties – in line with our contractual requirements .
Insurance company / Health and Safety Advisors – we have a legal requirement to share data with these third parties who will assess the site of the project and also help provide advice on insurance and / or health and safety issues.
Team and Company Members.
Others – as legally required and for our operational needs
We may receive requests from third parties with authority to obtain disclosure of personal data, such as to check that we are complying with applicable law and regulation, to investigate an alleged crime, to establish, exercise or defend legal rights. We will only fulfil requests for personal data where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and data controllers are responsible for fulfilling these rights as follows:
- Individuals may request access to their personal data held by us as a data controller.
- Individuals may request us to rectify personal data submitted to us or, where appropriate.
- Individuals may request that we erase their personal data
- Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us
- Individuals may have other rights to restrict or object to our processing of personal data and the right to data portability.
- Individuals may request information about any automated data processing that we may undertake.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to [email protected].
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to [email protected]. We will look into and respond to any complaints we receive.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner's Office (“ICO”). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/concerns
The data controller for Nutopia is Nutopia.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
Updates to this privacy statement will appear on this website. This privacy statement was last updated on 09/08/2018.
Share this page: